Saturday, July 1, 2017

Love ya Bunches!



I got my hands on this awesome collaboration set from Lawn Fawn and Ellen Hutson LLC and I really wanted to use my new Daniel Smith Watercolour Dot Card to paint these super sweet monkeys in. I also painted the vines and banana using the watercolours.



I set those aside to dry and worked on my background. I used distress ink as I didn't want to waste my dots on that, so I used Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron, and Lucky Charm inks to smoosh the ink onto some distress watercolour paper. Once I had my first layer of colour I dried it with my heat tool and then added a second and third layer of colour.

I let the background dry and then stamped the greeting. I then started attaching the elements to the card using a combination of multi medium matte and foam tape.

 I then cut a yellow card base to be a portrait style card (8.5" x11" paper cut lengthwise at 4.25" and scored at 5.5"). I attached the panel using fun foam because the panel was a bit warped and that was it!
I love this set and I am definitely going to do a slider card of some sort because COME ON! 😍





1 comment:

  1. Aww, this card is so cute! Your wonderful watercolor adds to its charm! Thanks for sharing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete